Baby Authority

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Baby Authority

One can hardly spoil a baby. They are so needy and full of love and trust, for all those around them. A study in the early 50's stated a baby could die for lack of love and attention.

When we come into this world we need assistance, as a tiny helpless infant. As we get ready to leave this world, we also need help and attention. We do not come into this world on our own, nor do we leave it on our own. Someone always needs to help us at both the beginning and end of our lives. In birth, others are there to welcome us in and cheer us in our endeavors. In death, we are not really alone, someone is always there to help prepare our bodies for burial. We are not all that independent in, at least, these two aspects of our journey on earth.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Jacki said…

    Huh... Cathy that was really poetic! Wow that makes me realize how much I really need family. My dad says it a little more crude, he says "I wiped your behind when you were little so you could wipe mine when I am older" I like the way you said it better!

    I think that we are all more dependent then we really think! I mean sometimes I am like "I don't need Brooks, I can do it all myself" TOTAL LIE!!! I would be completely lost without him!!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    I could definitely, DEFINITELY NOT make it on my own. Ever. I know I need people and lots of 'em!

    I LOVE people!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home